KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER REPORT WRITING
- Bisiness reports help companies to make decisions and solve problems.
- Proposals present ideas and persuade the reader to accept them.
- Write reports in third person and reported speech.
- Keep all the facts and information impartial and impersional.
- Use sub-headings to classify the information logically, breaking it down into logical sub-sections.
- State the steps that were taken to collect the information at the beginning of your report.
- Present conclusions based on the facts in the findings.
- Suggest recommendations when they are requested.
- Compose a covering memo when sending a free-standing report.
- Remember that a report should be understandable by someone who has no prior knowledge of the subject.